It Takes Two to Talk – The Hanen Program® for Parents of Children with Language Delays
This well recognised program designed for parents of children ages five and under who have been identified as having a language delay.
What is the Hanen Method?
The Hanen training program It Takes Two to Talk teaches parents/caregivers, step-by-step, how to become your child’s most important language teacher. The program shows how to:
- Develop an awareness about their child’s stage and style of communication and what motivates them to interact
- Adapt daily routines and play time to facilitate a variety of interactions and turn-taking opportunities
- Understand your child’s interests to help build your child’s confidence, thus encouraging communication
- Complement interactions with language models adapted to your child’s level
- Implement strategies which are backed up by extensive research on early language intervention
- Practise and discuss experiences and strategies with other parents
How do Treetop run the Hanen It Takes Two program?
The training takes place in a small, personalized group setting where parents are taught practical strategies to help their children learn language in a natural, nurturing manner.
The program includes:
- 6-8 training sessions for parents in small groups
- A Hanen certified Speech & Language Therapist leading the program in Singapore.
- A consultation for you and your child with the Speech & Language Therapist before the program starts
- Three individual visits for parents and their child with the Speech & Language Therapist. During these visits, parents are video-recorded whilst practising the strategies they have been taught. At the end of the visit the parents watch the recordings with the Speech & Language Therapist. The parents and the Speech & Language Therapist will review the strategies that are in place and if needed, discuss ways to further improve their implementation.
Price: $1500 for the package
Box Clever Language Intervention Program
Play and social interaction play a crucial part in the development of language development. Thus, children benefit from play experiences at the same time as the language stimulation in order to develop their understanding of new words and concepts.
What is Box Clever and who does it target?
It’s a school programme that provides the following:
- Play time which provides opportunities to experiment while developing interactions between children and adults
- Opportunities for children to improve their speaking and listening skills in a small group with support from a trained adult
- Repetition and use communication which matches the children’s levels of language
- Development of vocabulary and narrative skills
It aims to facilitate:
- Development of vocabulary
- Development of story-telling skills
- Development of confidence
The package includes two sessions – one theoretical and one practical, to train staff at school, and one to two follow up sessions when the programme is implemented at school.
For more information please contact us.
TreeTop is eager to network with fellow Speech & Language Therapists in Singapore and across the world. To achieve this, we are aiming to provide special interest group (SIG) meetings targeting a range of topics pertaining to our profession. These SIGs provide opportunities for networking, support, sharing information, and evidence based practice discussions.
TreeTop is passionate about ethical and sound clinical practice. We endeavour to support student Speech & Language Therapists and Speech & Language Therapists through their clinical and professional development by offering: Special interest group discussions (SIG) , Individual supervision to support PDP (Professional Development Plan) and CPD (Continuous Professional Development) as well as Clinical Placements.